Roofing Insulation and Underlayment Overview
The comprehensive line of Duro-Guard thermal roofing insulation products allows for high performance roofing assemblies through high R-values and energy efficiency. These products can contribute to roofing assembly best practices and play a critical role in reducing heat exchange.
Duro-Guard polyisocyanurate (ISO) is Duro-Last®’s best-selling category of insulation, offering high R-value and several different products to meet the needs of any project. Expanded polystyrene (EPS) and extruded polystyrene (XPS) insulation solutions are also available.
Additionally, underlayment solutions from Duro-Last are designed to create a barrier between the surface of the deck and the roofing membrane. Duro-Last underlayment options consist of a variety of slip-sheets - including a geotextile option, vapor barriers, ballast and drainage mats, as well as insulation and cover boards.
Duro-Guard ISO products come in a variety of thicknesses and facers for different attachments to meet different wind uplift requirements. Panels come in flat stock in 4'' x 8'' and 4'' x 4'' sheets. Facers include fiber reinforced paper, coated glass and double coated glass. These specialty products are also available:
- Hinged Target Sumps are a time-saving solution for drains that come pre-cut and ready to install. These ISO panels come in a variety of thicknesses and slopes to accommodate specific job conditions.
- Tapered Panels are manufactured in a wedge shape to create a slope on the rooftop to minimize ponding water and provide positive drainage.
- Duro-Guard ISO HD and Duro-Guard ISO HD Composite are high density cover board products that deliver higher durability than other ISO insulation panels, but still have a high R-value. Duro-Guard ISO HD Composite saves labor by eliminating the need for cover boards.
- Duro-Guard ISO NB is a nailable ISO panel where the ISO is bonded to OSB, making it a great panel for roofs with high traffic.
- Extended ISO panels can be used as a way to save on labor and job costs by reducing the number of panels and layers required along with requiring less adhesive.
- Other Duro-Guard ISO products include tapered edge strips, prefabricated hips and valleys, and vented nail base panels.
Duro-Guard EPS products come in a variety of thicknesses and are lightweight and resilient. Panels come in flat stock with PVC-compatible facers. Facers include polyester, fiberglass, nail base or the Class A fire rated FR-10. The following specialty products are also available:
- Tapered Panels are also available for EPS panels. Hybrid systems using both tapered ISO insulation panels on top of non-tapered EPS insulation allow for savings in both material and labor.
- Other Duro-Guard EPS products include tapered edge strips as well as prefabricated hips and valleys, and crickets.
These products from Duro-Last’s Duro-Guard product line are available with either an XPS or EPS core and are wrapped with tough facers. The film facers wrapping this product are compatible with all Duro-Last roofing membranes, meaning Duro-Guard Fan Fold products may be used directly under Duro-Last Roofing Systems.
DensDeck®, Securock®, EVERBOARD™, and DEXcell™ roof board products improve fire protection along with rooftop traffic, and may improve hail resistance by protecting the insulation and supporting the roofing membrane.
Vapor barriers prevent humidity from being drawn into the roofing assembly, which can potentially damage insulation and reduce its insulating qualities. Duro-Last offers two different types of vapor barriers:
- Duro-Last Vapor Barrier is a self-adhesive vapor barrier membrane composed of SBS modified bitumen adhesive on the bottom surface and a tri-laminated woven polyethylene on the top surface.
- Duro-Last Torch Down Vapor Barrier is composed of a proprietary formulation of elastomeric styrenebutadiene-styrene polymer modified bitumen and is reinforced with a high quality random glass fiber mat. The topside is surfaced with fine mineral aggregate and the underside is surfaced with polyolefin burn-off film to optimize heat welding.